Thank you Sanoli for this delicious sweet dear
For outer crust :
Maida - 1 cupSugar - 2 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Pinch of Baking Powder
Ghee -few tsps
Cloves - few
For Stuffing :
Sugar to taste
For Sugar Syrup :
Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, 2 tbsp sugar, ghee and salt.
- Knead it to make a smooth dough with little water. Cover with a wet cloth and keep it aside for 20 minutes.
- Make small balls of it and roll them with the rolling pin.
- In a pan, crush mawa or khoya. Add ½ Cup warm water with Sugar in it.
- Heat the pan and keep stirring continuously for about 6-7 minutes till the mixture thickens. Remove from the flame.
- Add raisins and keep it aside to cool it down.
For Sugar Syrup
Boil 1 cup sugar and ½ cup water in it. Mix vanilla essence to it. Wait for two String consistency of syrup .
For Labongo Latika :
- Place a spoonful of filling in the center of the rolled dough and fold sides to make a pocket. Seal the pocket with a clove.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry labongo latika on medium low flame till both sides turn into golden brown.
- Remove them from the oil and dip in thick sugar syrup for 4-5 minutes.Remove from syrup and arrange on serving plate.
Linking it with Divya's SNC Challenge January 2014 , tried this juicy sweet from Sanoli.