2009/06/12

CAPSICUM TOFU MASALA AND A LOVELY AWARD

Preeti of http://authentic-food-treasures.blogspot.com/ has passed me this beautiful memorable award . Thank you dear .




Rules for this award ......have to award 7 friends and tag them to write 10 honest things about them .Thank you dear for tagging me too .

10 Honest things about me :

1 ) I am typical housewife and strict mom for a 2 + yr old cute angel , Deshna . Strictness is restricted only in getting her daily routines perfect .

2) I never miss to talk to my childhood , school and college friends atleast once a month.

3) I love trying different recipes to make my daughter have it and enjoy them .

4) Never miss playing with her , take her for a long refreshing walk .

5) I am a fun loving person ...........friendly natured .

6) I love crafts , having nice collection of ganesh idols .

7) I am a craziest fan of Cranberry juice , Dairy milk , Kaju kathili and Amul Alphonsa Ice cream .

8) Love long trips during weekends . Feel comfort and relaxed .

9) I am the craziest commentator for Advertisements . Would like to pursue a degree in advertisement . Will try for a career in that field .

10 ) I strongly believe that "Our wellwishers are the most precious gift in this competitive world". I really follow my brother's golden words in my life " If there are four persons to curse you , there will be four more persons to bless you from their heart . Do live for them , feel happy for them . Don't ever think of persons who are cursing you .Life will be the most beautiful " .


I am passing this award and tagging

Divya Vikram
Viki
lubna
Sanghi
Gita
Sireesha
Varsha

Here come today's recipe ,




INGREDIENTS :

Tofu -- 2oo gms
Capsicum --- 1 big
Onion -- 1
Tomato -- 2 medium
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder -- 1/2 tsp
Garam masala -- 1 tsp
Ginger--garlic paste -- 1 tsp
Salt to taste .
Curry and corainder leaves .
Grinded coconut-1/4 cup

METHOD OF PREPARATION :

1) Soak tofu in warm water for 5 minutes. Squeeze the water from it .Cut into small cubes and mix them well with chilli powder and salt .

2) Heat oil , add chopped onion and saute till tender .
3) Add chopped capsicum and saute for 2 minutes . Add curry leaves and all the powders .
4) Blend tomatoes in a mixer .
5) Then tomato and coconut paste to the onion mixture . Add little water .
6) Finally add tofu cubes and slower the flame to simmer . Cover with a lid . Cook till the oil separates.

Serve hot with rotis and puri's . Sending this to AFAM- Bell Peppers hosted by Priya ,event started by Maheswari .

21 comments:

Pooja said...

tofu a healthy substitute for paneer..! congrats on your award

Anonymous said...

It was nice reading those 10 things about you, Shama.

The tofu capsicum masala looks great!

Padma said...

Capsicum with tofu looks great Shama and healthier too :)
Nice reading 10 things about you ...

Parita said...

Congrats on the award dear, deshna is a lovely name :) what does it mean?

Gita Jaishankar said...

Thats a very healthy and yummy dish Shama! Congrats on your award and thank you very much for passing it to me sweetheart! I am honored :) Its nice reading about you...you are a sweet person dear :)

Finla said...

The curry looks so delicous, love that gravy , looks yummy.
Good to know more about you, yeah i too am strict with my daughter from the time she was young, but in a good way :-)

Priyameena said...

Great to know about you..I love the last point its superb...strict mom for 2 year old...:)I like to take lesson from you how to be strict for my three year old son..

Chitra said...

Good to know abt u..U have prepared this gravy for me..i am searching a gravy with tofu..I got it..thanks shama..i have bookmarked it:)

kittymatti said...

this recipe is delicious! looks yumm! congrats dear!

Pavithra Elangovan said...

Thats wonderful healthy dish...Congrats dear..

Laavanya said...

I mostly make dry/semi dry dishes with tofu.. this gravy looks good. Nice to know more about you and Deshna is such a pretty name.

chef and her kitchen said...

Congrats for the award dear..Nice n healthy masala..

Priya Suresh said...

Capsicum and tofu together looks delicious...very healthy masala Shama, COngrats on ur award!

Poornima Nair said...

Yummy dish n congrats on your award...

Preety said...

congrats on your award...i never used tofu in my cooking but i know its a healthy one to have..

Ashwini said...

lovely capsicum curry..nice to read that 10 things abt u..

If u have time do checkout my blog!!!

Varsha Vipins said...

Nice to read ur me-me Shama..:)..me too dairy milk fan..:P..will do the tag sometime soon..n thats a total yumm dish..:)

Pooja said...

Congrats shama..Nice reading about you..Curry is looking delicious and sounds healthy too..

ST said...

Congrats for the award...Thanks a lot for thinking about me..
Nice reading 10 things about you Shama ...
Curry sounds awesome..

Sanghi said...

Congrats dear and thanks for passing on to me..! Lovely curry too..!:)

Unknown said...

WOW (impressed look). Your tofu dish looks so yummy.

Here I bought a sauce pack for Sauce for Mapo Tofu so as to skip all the seasonings! and i will try this friday after work.
http://yummiexpress.freetzi.com

KOLLU IDLI (Horse gram Idli)