2009/06/30

VEGETABLE RAVA UPMA



INGREDIENTS :

Rava - 1 cup
Tomatoes - 2
Onion -1 big
Salt to taste.
Curry and coriander leaves.
Mustard , Urad dal , Jeera - 1 tsp each
Mixed vegetables
(beans/potato/carrot) --- 1 cup



METHOD OF PREPARATION:

1)Dry fry rava till the flavour spreads and keep aside.



2) Heat oil in a pan. Once hot, add Mustard, Urad dal, Jeera and curry leaves . When it splutters, add chopped onion and tomatoes . Saute it till soft and tender. 



3) Add vegetables with little water ,cook till tender. Then, add in turmeric and chilli powder. Mix it well.




4) Add 2 cups of water with little salt . Bring it to boil. When it starts boiling, add roasted rava without any lumps. Cover with a lid and cook till rava is well cooked .




Serve hot with Pickle/Chutney.

Sending this to Divya's Show me your breakfast Event and Srilekha's Breakfast Series and AFAM- Bell Peppers hosted by Priya ,event started by Maheswari.

26 comments:

Preety said...

i made upma yesterday..love to have it with veggies..i like to add peanut in mine to give an extra crunch

Poornima Nair said...

One of my fav breakfasts...looks yumm.

Padma said...

Looks yummy ... and perfect entry for so many events :)

Dhanya Ganesh said...

One of my fav comforting food. Looks delicious:).

Manju said...

there was this one time where i would eat upma only if it has veggies in it. Not anymore, now i can eat the plain one happily :)

Srikitchen said...

wow! looks yum n delicious!
thanks for ur entry dear!

Uma said...

mmm. tempting upma!! looks so yummy Shama!! Is that avakaya on the side? Yum!!

Pooja said...

Lovely upma! Rava upma is my all time favourite :)

Gita Jaishankar said...

Nice pictures dear...upma looks delicious :)

chef and her kitchen said...

simple n yummy...

Varsha Vipins said...

hey dearie...how u doing?Thats some delicious comfy food u have here..:)

Kalai said...

I make it almost the same, but add some green chillies. Yours looks delicious! :)

kittymatti said...

wow1 I really miss this upma...I have no made it in a while since my husband oes not eat upma...nice to see yr pic, feeling good!

Vibaas said...

looks yum!

Unknown said...

Adding veges to upma makes more healthy looks so delicious.

Anonymous said...

We make this once in a week here.Best way to feed children..yours look delicious for sure !!

Raks said...

I love upma,even i can live with eating upma alone thro out my life time!! Looks tempting!!

Saritha said...

This is my dad's fav and great look :)

Parita said...

Perfect and healthy breakfast! I usually prepare this on lazy saturday morning :)

Sanghi said...

Mmm yummy yummmy dear..! My favt!

Vrinda said...

Yummy upma,my fav Bfast item...

Priyameena said...

Wow looks creamy...Its one of my quick fix dinner most of the time..

Srilakshmi said...

One of the easiest breakfast to make, looks lovely!

Hari Chandana P said...

Looks delicious and colorful.. My fav!! :)

Valarmathi Sanjeev said...

Looks yummy....

Unknown said...

Thanks for sending in your lovely entry to "Show Me Your Breakfast event"

KOLLU IDLI (Horse gram Idli)