CAPSICUM BLACK CHANNA DAL (KONDAKA DALI )CARROT RICE WITH cAPSICUM RAITHA
Kondakadalai -- 1/2 cup
Carrot ---1/2 cup
Mint leaves -- few
Curry and coriander leaves
Brinji leaves - 2
Salt to taste
Fish/Garam masala powder---1 tsp
Turmeric powder and Chilli powder- --1 tsp
Curd --1 tsp
Ginger--garlic paste -- 1 tsp
Coconut milk ---1 cup
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1) Soak black channa dal over night .
2) Heat a spoon of ghee in a pressure cooker . Saute chopped onion , capsicum ,chopped tomato ,ginger garlic paste ,brinji,mint,curry and coriander leaves till tender .
3) Add dal ,carrot all the powders.Saute till the raw smell leaves .
4) Add washed rice and a spoon of curd .
5) Saute the rice for a minute .
6) Then add coconut milk and a cup of water .Add salt and stir well .
7) Pressure cook for 3 whistles .
Serve hot with raitha or kurma .I served it with Capsicum Raitha .
CAPSICUM RAITHA :
Mix a cup of curd , 1/2 cup of water , chopped onion , chopped capsicum , dania leaves , a piece of chopped ginger , a spoon of pepper jeera powder and dania leaves with little salt .
Sending this to AFAM- Bell Peppers hosted by Priya ,event started by Maheswari .