Raw rice -- 1 cup
Fully boiled rice-- 1 cup
Methi seeds -- 1 tsp
Urat dal -- 1 handful
Salt to taste
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1 ) Soak both rice and dal with methi seeds for 2 hours .
2) Grind them in a grinder till smooth batter.The batter should be little watery . So , that we can get thin and crispy ones.
3) Mix salt to it before making aappam .
4) Heat aappam pan . Leave a ladle of batter to it and spread the batter by rotating the pan.
5) Spread a tsp of ghee or oil .
6) Cover with a lid . Once done , serve hot with Coconut milk and sugar .
For coconut milk , grind 1/2 of coconut in mixie with sufficient water and filter it . While having appam,spread required coconut milk over it and sprinkle some sugar to it . This goes to Priya's Think Spice : Think Fenugreek seeds event initially started by Sunitha .