This is one of my grandma's special recipe . This is also a home made healing food . When we are down with severe viral fever , our body will become weak .This rasam will help us to regain our energy and strength back .
Moong dal -- 1/2 cup
Turmeric powder-1 tsp
Tomato - 2
Ginger - a small piece
Jeera -- 2 tsps
Mustard - 1 tsp
Methi seeds - 1 tsp
Pepper -- 1 tsp
Rasam Powder - 1 tsp
Lemon juice - 1/2 of the lemon juice
Salt to taste
Asafoetida - 1 tsp
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1) Pressure cook dal with a pinch of turmeric powder and oil for 3 whistles till it gets softened.
2) Meanwhile , boil tomatoes and remove the skin.
3) Roast a tsp of jeera in a kadai with little pepper and grind it with tomatoes.
4) Again , heat oil in a kadai . Add mustard , jeera and methi seeds . When it splutters , add sliced ginger and saute for a minute.
5) Then , add grinded masala with little salt.
6) Finally , add dal with the remaining powders and water.
7) Cook in a slow flame till it starts to boil . Add lemon juice before removing from flame .Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve hot with Rice .Sending this to MLLA - 21 hosted by Superchef , initially started by Susan and Ruchikacooks Home made Remedies initially started at A2Zvegetariancuisine
Hai !!!!! I am back again with this celebration event . Christmas and New Year is nearing and all will be eagerly waiting to hav...
Happy again to guest host Know your Dairy - Milk of Jagruti . Rules to be followed : 1. Post any vegetarian /non-vegetarian rec...
INGREDIENTS : Red Chillies - 25 gms Coriander seeds - 15 gms Cumin seeds - 10 gms Black Pepper- 10 gms Biriyani Leaf- 3 Cloves ...