Potato Masala is one of the most welcoming recipes. It is prepared in a simple way with only few basic ingredients. A good choice of recipe for beginners in cooking. It will never be a failure.
- Potato - 250 g
- Onion - 1
- Tomato - 1
- Mustard and Urad dal - 1 tsp each
- Coriander leaves - few
- Green Chillies - 3
- Curry leaves - few
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder -1 tsp
- Salt to taste
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1) Pressure cook peeled potatoes with little water for 4-5 whistles. Allow the steam to leave and keep aside.
2) Heat oil in a kadai.Add mustard and urat dal.Once it splutters, add chopped onion, tomato, curry leaves and green chillies. Saute till tender.
3) Add potatoes to it. Mash it for a while.
4) Add little water, Chilli powder, Turmeric powder and Salt. Mix it well and cook till the masala is a bit thick.