Cabbage - 2 cups
Potato - 1 big
Green chillies - 4
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Butter - 1 tsp
Coriander leaves for garnishing.
Salt to taste
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1) Heat oil in a kadai . Once hot , add mustard seeds . When it splutters , add chopped cabbage . Sprinkle little water and cover with a lid . Cook in slow flame .
2) Meanwhile , fry cubed potatoes in little oil . Keep them aside .
3) Once the cabbage is cooked , add potatoes to it . Mix it well .
4) Then , green chillies paste and all the other ingredients to it.
5) Cook till potatoes are well cooked.Once done,garnish it with coriander leaves.
Serve with hot rice/roti.
Recipe source : www.indian-food-recipes.info/bandhakopir-dalna-(bengali-cabbage-curry).php.
Thank you for the recipe.Sending this to Priya's Flavours of Bengal event , initially started by Nayna .