- Toor dal , Channa dal , Moong dal and Peanuts - 1 cup (mixed )
- Brinjal - 150 gms
- Tamarind - a lemon size
- Sambar Powder - 2 tsps
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Kuzhambu milagai podi - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Mustard , Jeera - 1 tsp each
- Onion - 1 chopped
To grind :
Coconut pieces - 6
Peanuts - few
Roast them for few minutes and then grind them.
STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED :
1) Pressure cook toor dal, channa dal and moong dal with sufficient water and a spoon of oil and turmeric powder for 2 whistles. Allow the steam to leave and keep it aside .
2) Heat oil in a kadai . Once hot , add mustard and jeera . When it splutters , add onions and saute till tender .
3) Add brinjal and saute it well for 5 minutes .
4) Then add the grinded coconut and peanut masala to it.
5) Add Kulambhu milagai powder, sambar powder and salt . Mix it up well till the raw smell leaves.