- Red Radish - 200 gms
- Tomato - 1
- Toor dal - 1 cup
- Onion - 1 cup
- Garlic cloves - 7
- Mustard , Jeera , Methi seeds - 1 tsp
- Sambar powder - 2 tsp
- Tamarind water -1/4 cup
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves , coriander leaves
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1) Pressure cook dal and tomato with a spoon of oil and turmeric powder for 3-4 whistles. Allow the steam to leave and mash it well.
2) Heat oil in a pan . Add Mustard , Jeera, Methi seeds. When it splutters, add chopped onion, garlic and saute till tender.Add curry leaves. I used dried curry leaves.
3) Then , add sliced radish and saute for few minutes well till the raw smell leaves.
4) Followed by adding Sambar powder and salt .
4) Add tamarind water with sufficient water and bring it to boil. Cook till the radish is soft and tender.
5) Add cooked dal to it and salt. Mix it well and cook till the oil separates out. Garnish it with Coriander leaves .
Serve hot with Rice and Ghee.