A yummy Misal Pav chaat for SNC Anniversary Celebration .Thank you Meena for this yummy chaat.
Onions - 4
Garlic cloves -4
Ginger- a small piece
Green chillies -2
Tomatoes - 2
Grated coconut(grinded) -1/4 cup
Dried white peas-200 gms
Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder -1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder -1/2 tsp
Coriander powder -1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder -1/2 tsp
Dry mango powder-1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
- Wash and soak peas overnight. Clean it well and pressure cook peas for 2 whistles till soft . Keep them aside.
- Heat oil in a pan,saute half of the chopped onion , ginger, garlic and green chillies till done.
- Add chopped tomatoes and grated coconut . Mix well and allow it to cool.
- Grind this mixture to a smooth paste and keep it aside.
- In same pan, heat oil and add cumin seeds. Once it splutters, add the rest of spice powders and saute it for a minute.
- Then add the grinded masala and mix well with little water and salt .
- Finally add the boiled peas to it and mix them well till done .Garnish with coriander leaves , spice mixture and finely chopped onion.
Serve it with Pav .