Red Aval / Poha - 2 cups (soaked in water for 10-20 minutes)
Moong dal - 3 tbsps
Jaggery - 50 gms
Milk - 1/4 cup
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1) Take thick jaggery syrup and filter the impurities .
2) Soak moong dal in hot water for an hour.
3) Boil moong dal with sufficient water in a pan till it softens.
4) Add washed and soaked aval to it.
5) Followed by Jaggery syrup . Add a ladle of ghee and mix it up well till pongal consistency is reached .
6) Add milk and stir it up before removing from the flame .
Garnish it with Ghee roasted Cashews . Serve hot with Coconut pieces and banana slices.