Mutton - 1 kg
Rice - 2 cups ; i used Ponni raw rice
Lemon - 1
Curry leaves , Coriander leaves
Salt to taste
Curd - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Onion - 2
Tomato - 2
Cinnamon - 3
Cloves - 1
Handful of coriander and pudina leaves.
To Grind :
Green chillies -3
Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
Coriander seeds - 1 tsp
Anasi poo -2
Cloves - 2Elachi - 2
Ginger - a small piece
Garlic cloves - 7-8
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1) Marinate mutton with little of chilli powder , coriander powder , salt,turmeric powder and curd for 30 minutes.
2) Heat oil or ghee in pressure cooker . Once hot add whole spices, biriyani leaves for 2 minutes , followed by sliced onion and saute till half brown .
3) Then add tomato , coriander leaves,pudina . Saute it till tender .
4) Add marinated mutton,add all the powders ,grinded masala , salt and saute for 10 minutes . Add rice . Add sufficent water and pressure cook for 2 whistles .
5) After 5 minutes , release the pressure and sprinkle lemon juice in it .Serve hot with Onion Raitha and Pudina Chutney .
Linking it up with EP - Herbs and Spices - Asafoetida and Fennel seeds event by divya.
Priya Ranjit and Divya Pramil 's 60 days to Christmas event