Chicken - 1/2 kg
Rice - 1 cup
Chilli powder - 1 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
Lemon - 1
Split green chillies - 2
Onion - 1
Tomato - 1
Curry leaves , Coriander leaves
Salt to taste
Ginger - garlic paste - 1 1/4 tsp
Curd - 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon - 2
Cloves - 1
Bay leaves - 2
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1) Marinate chicken with ginger-garlic paste,chilli powder , garam masala powder , salt,turmeric powder and curd for 30 minutes.
2) Soak rice for 20 minutes.
3) Heat oil or ghee in pressure cooker . Once hot add chopped onion , split chillies and curry,coriander leaves . Saute till onion becomes tender.
4) Then,add chopped tomato . Once it becomes skinny , add cinnamon , cloves and bay leaves.
5) Add marinated chicken,salt and saute for 10 minutes .
6) Finally add rice and stir well with chicken.
7) Add 1 cup of water and 1 tsp of lemon juice.
8) Pressure cook for 3 whisltes.Garnish with cashews.
Sending this to Sudeshna's Festival of Rice.Click here