Rice - 1 cup
Toor Dal - 1 cup
Methi leaves - 2 cups
Salt to taste
Grinded coconut - 1/2 cup
Sambar powder - 3 tsps
Tamarind juice - 1/2 cup
Onion - 1
Mustard , Jeera - 1 tsp each
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1) Pressure cook rice and dal with 5 cups of water for 3-4 whistles.Keep them aside .
2) Heat oil in kadai . Add mustard , jeera .Once it splutters , add chopped onion,saute till tender.
3) Then add methi leaves , sprinkle some water and cover it with a lid .Wait till it gets cooked.
4) Once cooked , turn off the flame .
5) Heat pressure cooker again , add tamarind juice , sambar powder , grinded coconut and salt.Mix them well.
6) Then transfer methi leaves mixture to them and mix them well in slow flame .
7) Remove from the flame,once it becomes thick.
Serve hot with potato fry.
Sending these to FIC - YELLOW hosted by Sunshinemom , Srivalli's My Legume Love Affair Event and Susan's Event and Sudeshna's Festival of Rice.Click here .