- Chicken - 1/2 kg
- Rice - 1 cup
- Chilli powder - 1 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
- Lemon - 1
- Split green chillies - 2
- Onion - 1
- Tomato - 1
- Curry leaves , Coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Ginger - garlic paste - 1 1/4 tsp
- Curd - 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon - 2
- Cloves - 1
- Bay leaves - 2
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1) Marinate chicken with ginger-garlic paste,chilli powder , garam masala powder , salt,turmeric powder and curd for 30 minutes.
2) Soak rice for 20 minutes.
3) Heat oil or ghee in pressure cooker . Once hot add whole spices, chopped onion . Saute till onion becomes tender.
4) Then,add chopped tomato , salt and green chillies. Followed by ginger-garlic paste, Biriyani masala, Chilli powder, Coriander powder, Garam masala and mix it well with little water.
5) Add marinated chicken,salt and saute for 10 minutes .
6) Finally add rice and 1 cup of water and 1 tsp of lemon juice.
7) Pressure cook for 3 whisltes. Remove from the flame and allow the steam to leave.Garnish with Coriander leaves/ Pudina.
Sending this to Sudeshna's Festival of Rice.Click here