2009/01/27

FRIED DAL AND AWARDS

Srilekha awarded me this cute silver cup.Thank you dear.........my new year surprise . Love this cup.......Vij and Ramya have given the Lemonade award and Varsha presented me with a beautiful butterfly award . Thank you friends , feeling happy and excited..............means a lot to me.

Cheers,
Shama Nags

Here comes the recipe ,



INGREDIENTS :

Toor Dal - 1 cup
Red Chillies - 2
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Mustard seeds, Urad dal - 1 tsp each
Onion - 1
Garlic cloves -3
Ginger - a small piece
Curry and coriander leaves.
Salt to taste.

METHOD OF PREPARATION :

1 ) Fry dal, red chillies, and coriander powder with a spoon of oil till dal becomes light brown .
2) Now , add water , turmeric powder and 1 spoon of oil and pressure cook for 7-8 whistles.
3) After it gets cooled down, grind it and make it a fine paste.
4) Heat oil in the pan .Add mustard seeds, urat dal.Once it splutters ,add chopped onion and garlic .Saute till it becomes tender.
5) Now add dal , ginger,curry leaves and salt with little water .Cover with a lid and allow it to boil for 10 minutes.

Serve dal with rice . Sending these to FIC - YELLOW hosted by Sunshinemom and Srivalli's My Legume Love Affair Event and Susan's Event.

13 comments :

Adlak's tiny world said...

Hey i am the first to comment.. Congrats for the cup dear. hm paruupu looks tasty and send me the bowl for my hot rice.

sowmya said...

i love this dal..I make it almost similarly..

Gita's Kitchen said...

Congrats on your award dear... I like the bright color of the dal..nice preparation. i should also try adding garlic to my dals...

Usha said...

Congrats on your award...nutritious dhal !

Priya said...

Congrats Shama..lovely dal!!!

AnuSriram said...

That looks lovely.. Congrats on your awards!

Andhra Flavors said...

congratulations on your awards and adding garlic is good.

Varsha Vipins said...

Fried Dal is new to me..I loved it..COngrats for the award..:)

Mahimaa's kitchen said...

dhal looks great shama.. healthy option.

Navita said...

congratulations dear :)

Akal's Saappadu said...

Yummy dhal...and Congratulations for the award!!

Yasmeen said...

congrats! the dal looks tasty:)

வண்ணத்துபூச்சியார் said...

Hey..

Your blog is delicious.. Yummy too. Will ask "Thangamani" (my better half } to view your blog

Guess u hv great friends gang..

Keep it up.

If you love good movies, just visit my blog..

Hope you will dig it.

Cheers