2013/09/11

DRUMSTICK SAMBAR FOR POTLUCK



INGREDIENTS:


Drumsmtick - 3 

Tomato - 2 ripen 

Toor dal - 1 cup

Onion - 1 cup

Garlic cloves - 7

Mustard , Jeera , Methi seeds - 1 tsp

Sambar powder - 2 tsp

Salt to taste

Hing ,Curry leaves , coriander leaves

Tamarind - a small piece



METHOD OF PREPARATION :


1) Pressure cook dal with a spoon of oil and turmeric powder for 3-4 whistles.Meanwhile,soak tamarind in little water.Boil chopped drumstick in a separate kadai till cooked .

2) Heat oil . Add spices , once it splutters add chopped onion, garlic and saute till tender.

3) Add 1 chopped tomato and saute till skinny. Then , add boiled drumstick,curry leaves and saute well.

4) Add dal   and tamarind juice to it with sufficient water. Followed by adding Sambar powder,hing and salt .

5) Cover with a lid and allow to boil till the oil separates.Garnish it with coriander leaves .


18 comments:

Unknown said...

I love drumstick in sambhar :) looks so yummy and tempting me dear :)

Nava K said...

I am crazy about drumsticks,also when submerged in a lovely sambar.

nandoos kitchen said...

Lovely sambar. Perfect comfort food
on-going event: healthy breakfast

Priya Suresh said...

Such a flavourful sambar, my all time favourite.

Unknown said...

Very flavorful and yummy sambar.

Rumana Rawat said...

my favourite recipe..

Prema said...

My all time fav sambar,loved ur version...

divya said...

very tempting n flavorful...

Vidya Chandrahas said...

Sambhar looks yummy..making me hungry.

Unknown said...

looks yummy.. nice entry..

Shobha said...

Missing the drumstick sambar here.. can't wait to get back and relish all these..

Unknown said...

comforting and flavorful sambar

Mrs.Mano Saminathan said...

This beautiful snap of sambar really looks mouth watering!

Asiya Omar said...

My favourite..

Meraj @ThesunshineGirl said...

I luv drumstick....!! n I love sambar..!! :)

Swathi said...

Drumstick sambar looks delicious.

Unknown said...

drumstick sambar looks yummy....

Jaya said...

Drumstick is my favourite sambhar ingredient

KOLLU IDLI (Horse gram Idli)