Mutton - 1 kg
Fresh curd - 1 cup
Garlic cloves - 4
Ginger - a small piece
Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
Garam masala - 1 tsp
Red Chilli powder - 2 tsps
Bay leaves - 2
Cardamom - 2
Cinnamon sticks -2
Coriander leaves - few
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1) Wash the mutton well and marinate with chilli powder, turmeric powder, 1 tsp of curd and salt for an hour.
2) Blend Garlic cloves, fennel seeds and Ginger to a fine paste.
3) Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add in whole spices, when it splutters add in finely chopped onion and saute it till tender.
4) Then add in the blended paste and saute till the raw smell leaves.
5) Add in garam masala, chilli powder and salt.
6) Add in the mutton and saute it till it leaves out water.
7) Add in the curd with little water. Cover with a lid and cook for 8-10 whistles or till mutton is cooked well.
Allow the steam to leave. Cook without lid in medium flame till the curry leaves out oil. Garnish it with Coriander leaves.