Prawns - 1 kg
Garlic cloves- 8
Onion - 1 cup
Chilli powder - 2 tsps
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Tamarind - a small lemon size
Salt to taste
Mustard and Fennel Seeds - 1 tsp
Tomato - 2 medium
Dry roast coriander seeds - 1 tsp, Jeera - 1 tsp, Dried red chillies- 10, Coconut pieces - 10, Methi seeds- 1/2 tsp. Grind them finely with little water.
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1) De-vein and marinate the Prawns with 1 tsp turmeric powder and chilli powder , lemon juice and salt for 1 hour.
2) Heat oil in a kadai . Once hot , add mustard , fennel seeds . When it splutters , add chopped onion and garlic .Saute till tender.
3) Then add chopped tomato , curry leaves and salt.
4) Add all the powders, grinded masala, tamarind water, 1/2 cup water and mix it well. Bring it to boil and cook till the raw small leaves.
5) Finally, add in the prawns and cook for 5 minutes. Till the prawn is cooked well and the gravy leaves out oil. Garnish it with coriander leaves.