It is a traditional way of cooking pongal in pots . We used to tie turmeric and flowers around the pot .Decorate them with Sandal powder and kumkum .
Sakkarai pongal is the main special recipe prepared on Pongal . Rice and moongal cooked with Jaggery .
SWEET PONGAL / SAKKARAI PONGAL :
Rice - 1 cup
Moong dal - 1/4 cup
Jaggery as ur wish --i used 200 gms
Cashews,Badam and elachi --few numbers
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1) Boil water in a pot . Once it starts boiling , add rice and dal.
2) Leave in medium flame and cover it with a lid.
3) Meanwhile dissolve jaggery with hot water and filter the impurities .
4) Once the water in rice is drained completely , add jaggery syrup and mix them well .
5 ) Add 1 cup of ghee , stir it up. Leave it flame till it thickens .
6) Garnish it with ghee roasted cashews,badam and elachi .
Sending these to FIC - YELLOW hosted by Sunshinemom ,Sankranthi festival by Priti , Srivalli's My Legume Love Affair Event and Susan's Event .and Sudeshna's Festival of Rice.Click here .