Channa dal - 1 cup
Elachi powder - 3 tsps
Cashew powder - 3 tsps
Maida - 1 cup
Rava - 1/2 cup
Milk - 1/ cup
Grated coconut - 1 cup
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
1) Soak channa dal for 1 hour .
2) Pressure cook them with a spoon of oil for 3 whistles . Drain the remaining water and keep aside .
3) Meanwhile take sugar syrup of thick consistency.Allow it to cool , once done .
4) Heat a spoon of ghee in a pan. Add grated coconut , elachi and cashew powder .Saute well till the flavour rules out.Then, add a cup of sugar and stir continuously .Followed by adding channa dal . Mix them well till proper consistency for pooranam.Once done , remove from flame and cool it down.
5) Meanwhile ,knead maida and rava with enough water and milk to make a soft dough .
6)Make a ball of dough, roll them. Stuff them with pooranam and fold them as shown .
7) Fold the edges properly . Repeat the same for the remaining dough.
8) Heat oil in a heavy bottomed vessel and fry it till golden brown.
9) Soak it in sugar syrup for 2-3 minutes before serving .
Linking it up with Jagruthi's Rakhi - The thread of love.
and Celebrate - Olympic events by priya , Celebrate - Monsoon's of india event by sayantani , Celebrate - Month of Shravan .