My bengali friend used to prepare this very often . My hubby and myself loves this . I searched this recipe and got from fivetastes.com . Thank you for sharing .
Rohu fish -- 1 kg
Curd --- 1 cup
Onion --- 2 big
Ginger-garlic paste --- 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Mustard , Jeera and Cumin seeds --- 1 tsp each
Turmeric powder- -1 tsp
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
- Marinate fish with turmeric powder and salt for 1 hour.
- Then fry it lightly in gingelly oil and keep it aside
- Heat oil in a pan . Add mustard and jeera .When it splutters ,add chopped onion with curry leaves and saute till the onion becomes tender.
- Then add ginger garlic paste,turmeric powder and curd to it.
- Add little water and salt to it .
- When it starts boiling add fish to it and cook in slow flame till the gravy become thick .