Paasipayar Kadayal is one of the healthy choice for food for toddlers.
- Whole Green Moong dal - 1 cup
- Ginger-garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Onion - 1 big
- Tomato - 1 big
- Jeera - 2 tsps
- Grated Coconut - 2 tbsps
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Green chillies - 5
- Salt to taste
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
1) Soak green gram overnight.
2) Drain the stock well and clean the soaked dal in fresh water. Pressure cook for 2 whistles with a turmeric powder and a spoon of oil. Allow the steam to leave.
3) Once the steam leaves, add chopped onion, tomato, green chillies, ginger-garlic paste, curry leaves, jeera, little water and coriander leaves. Add 1 tsp of oil and pressure cook for 2 whistles. Allow the steam to leave.
4) Open the lid and mash it lightly with the masher. Add Salt and mix it well.
Serve hot with rice or Idli.
Sending these to FIC - YELLOW hosted by Sunshinemom , Srivalli's My Legume Love Affair Event and Susan's Event.
Viki ,Hema and anusriram have passed this beautiful cool award.Thank you friends.....my first award in 2009.........most precious .....feeling happy........means a lot to me.