Potato - 150 gms
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Mustard,Urat dal -1 tsp each
Onion - 1
METHOD OF PREPARATION :
1) Heat oil in a kadai.Add mustard,urat dal.Once it splutters,add onion and curry leaves.
2) When onion turns golden brown,add cleaned,washed and chopped potato.Saute for 2-3 minutes.
3) Add powders and salt.Cover with a lid.Cook in slow flame.Stir it often.Cook till it is completely done.
Serve hot with curd rice or any rice.This goes to Deepa's Cooking for kids --Potato event started by sharmi .
My other entries are
Rice Flour - 1 cup
Ghee as per preference.
Salt to taste.
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
1) Knead soft dough with rice flour , ghee and salt.
2) Fill an 'idiyappam' presser with the dough and press it on to idli plates and steam for 5-10 minutes.
3) Serve hot with coconut milk/cow milk and a little of grated coconut and sugar on top.
This goes to WYF : Cuisine hosted by easycrafts .